Physical rehabilitation is a growing field in veterinary medicine, with the goal of improving quality of life through decreasing pain, increasing mobility, and post-op recovery. Our rehab program is directed by a certified doctor and technicians who want your pet to have many happy, healthy years.
Our rehabilitation program includes:
- manual therapy
- therapeutic exercises
- therapeutic class IV laser
- aquatic therapy (underwater treadmill)
- individualized home exercise programs
Appointments start with an evaluation, which lasts about an hour and a half. Subsequent visits include treatments and exercises and are approximately one hour.
- Strengthening to maintain and build muscle
- Increasing and restoring range of motion
- Balance and stability
- Pain control
- Expediting functional return to normal post op or post injury
- Management of degenerative joint disease
- Physical interaction and mental stimulation
- Weight loss
Patients Who Benefit
- Pre-and post-operative orthopedic and neurologic conditions
- Osteoarthritic patients
- Pets with neurologic conditions
- Weight control
- Canine athletes and working dogs for conditioning, endurance and strengthening
Want to know if your dog could benefit from rehabilitation? Make an appointment for a consultation online or call us at (410) 838-7797 ext. 2.